So there goes that | Forcing creativity

 Hey guys.

So, I've been trying to do this blog for what now, a few weeks? A month? Time has really been flying by. And while I have posted at least a few times this month, those of you who have been reading may have noticed that I haven't really been sticking to an actual posting schedule. Yes, I do get really busy- but when I'm passionate about something, I get it done. And honestly, I thought that I would be just as passionate about this- but like what feels like many of the things I do, I just sort of....lost steam.

It wasn't as if I no longer wanted to have a blog, but I felt like this was just an...alternative as to what I actually wanted to make. It was a substitute until I made something better. And so began that thing where I just kept wanting to force myself to post stuff- even if I wasn't particularly fond of that content.

I started to do wrap-ups and TBR's...and if I'm being totally honest, I really only posted them because they were content. And now this blog is something which I didn't want it to be- something which I fill with generic content only because I need to fill it. One day, I want to start a YouTube channel...but I don't feel like this is the time. At the moment, I think I am content in just posting stuff, but I'm think I'm going to stop doing this. You can't force creativity, but that's something I've been trying to do. I still want a blog, but if I'm being honest this really just isn't what I want and I think I'm going to stop posting here.

I'm going to make a new blog and have a fresh start, and maybe that's a bad idea, but we'll see. I'm going to start posting stuff I want to and be more chill with a posting timeline. When I make this new blog I'll post a link to it on twitter.

You can find me at @Bethbookish

So...this was rambly. Thanks for reading.

~Bath

Comments